We are collecting the following items (prioritized by current need in NYC):
- Clean Up Supplies: C&D Batteries, Maglite flashlights, Hand/Foot warmers, cleaning supplies, trash bags, surgical gloves, masks.
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, deodorant etc)
- Canned Goods / Nonperishable Food (including powdered milk)
- Baby Care items (Diapers, formula etc)
- Water (You know you stocked up before Sandy, and don’t need it now.)
- Pet Food
- Blankets, Gently used or New.
- Clothing, Gently used or New, but this need is now less urgent.
Items we are NOT accepting at this time:
- Used Pillows
Please Pre-sort and label items
Since this is a grassroots effort any additional sorting and labeling you can do before you drop things off will make loading the Karma truck easier.
It would be helpful to sort & label according these guidelines (It’s how we’re organizing the items)
- Clean Up Supplies
- Non-Perishable Food
- Baby Clothing
- Kids Clothing
- Women’s Clothing
- Men’s clothing
- Kids Coats
- Women’s coats
- Mens coats
- Baby Food/ Formula
- Adult Shoes
- Kid Shoes
We expect most volunteer donation hubs to descend upon us on Saturday so having as much pre-sorted and labeled will be immensely helpful.
They can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Wasik’s Cheese Shop, Wellesley, MA (accepting smaller sized items starting Tuesday, Nov 6th)
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Wellesley, MA
- Faber Rug Co, Inc, Wellesley, MA
- Lower Falls Wine Company, Newton Lower Falls, MA
- Schwilliamz Creative Consultants, Inc., Waltham, MA (accepting donations M-F between 10-4)
- Amcomm Verizon Wireless, Westborough, MA (200 Union St/Bay State Common)
- Amcomm Verizon Wireless, Westborough, MA (76 Otis Street)
- Pepperoni Express, Grafton, MA
Can your business be a drop off location? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org